Request for Project Change – submissions have closed
The Coordinator-General recently invited submissions for the Cross River Rail Request for Project Change.
Submissions for the Request for Project Change opened on the 25 February 2017 and closed on 21 April 2017 at 5pm.
The Coordinator-General will now consider all properly made submissions as part of the evaluation of the proposed changes.
For further information about the progress of the evaluation, visit the Coordinator-General’s website at: http://www.dsd.qld.gov.au/crr.
What is a Request for Project Change?
The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Cross River Rail project was approved by the Coordinator-General in 2012. Following further technical and environmental investigations and community consultation, the Queensland Government has refined the project design.
A Request for Project Change was submitted to the Coordinator-General to evaluate proposed changes to the project. The Coordinator-General will also consider all properly made submissions as part of the evaluation.
What are the changes to the project?
The revised Cross River Rail design was published in 2016 and includes a number of key changes to the project.
- The tunnel has been shortened from 10km to 5.9km.
- Dutton Park station will be upgraded to include a third platform face.
- The southern tunnel entry has moved to north of Dutton Park station, on existing railway land between Railway Terrace and Kent Street.
- The Boggo Road station has moved to a site east of Joe Baker Street, and a pedestrian connection to the Princess Alexandra Hospital has been added.
- Woolloongabba station has been moved to adjacent to the busway station to improve connectivity.
- Albert Street station has been moved to between Mary and Elizabeth Streets.
- Roma Street station has been moved to the site of the Brisbane Transit Centre west building.
- The northern tunnel entry has moved to the Exhibition line near Brisbane Girls Grammar School.
How can I get more information?
To view the Request for Project Change, visit http://www.dsd.qld.gov.au/crr.